Adding that extra something to your winter outfit is as easy as throwing on a scarf. To do it well consider these 5 must have classic patterns that will help enhance the style of any man.
- The herringbone scarf: With a name derived from a pattern that resembles fish bones, this weave can be found everywhere from ancient Egypt, Rome and even the Celts. This luxury cashmere scarf is from Johnstons of Elgin.
- The cable knit scarf: A chunky cable knit (or any similar heavy-gauge knit scarf) is an old school casual classic. This one is from Jack Wills
- The Glen plaid scarf: Short for Glenurquhart check and also called Prince of Wales check was brought to popular attention by King Edward VII and then further enhanced by his son the Price of Wales and short lived King Edward VIII. This merino wool scarf is from Simon Carter.
- The striped scarf: A fun casual scarf from J. Press. These particular stripes are from the Border regiment.
- The tattersall scarf: A simple but handsome pattern with stripes in two alternating colours on a solid ground. This camel hair version is from Brooks Brothers.