With winter just around the corner, we’ve gathered a few noteworthy outerwear pieces for you to think over before the next seasonal shift takes you by surprise. Spanning the gamut from relaxed to refined, these choices will look as good few years down the road as they do today.
1. Emperor wool blend navy pea coat from Reiss. Originally worn by sailors, the pea coat has continued to make a huge comeback over the last couple of years. A great casual look. £275
2. Although military field jackets are pretty easy to find, this British Combat Jacket from Polo Ralph Lauren really appeals to me and looks much better than the standard issue M-65 from Alpha. $395.00
3. Suit Supply is way more than just suits. Take this Trento fit topcoat cut from 100% pure Tollegno cashmere for example. Looks equally good dressed up or down. $779
4. Largely unchanged since its inception in 1954, the Gloverall Duffle Coat is renowned for its warmth, practicality, and old-school charm. Now available in slim fit from Epaulet New York. $575
5. The slim fit King Coat from Crombie is a classic that is steeped in history. It was favoured by King George VI and features wide, peaked wrap-over lapels, that will add extra warmth. £675